Today I want to share how we make Whole 30 Spaghetti that the whole family LOVES! If you think the pictures are funny, you can watch our family’s vlog here to see more chaos behind the scenes of this entire day hahaha!
If you aren’t into the fluffy stuff feel free to scroll to the bottom for the full recipe!
This is the spaghetti sauce I use when we place a Walmart Pickup order. (Get $10 off your pickup order here) It is Whole 30 compliment, and has no sugar or additives! I love to buy other Organic options too, but this is such a healthy budget friendly one that is easily available for most people!
I like lots of veggies in my sauce, much to Kyle’s dismay!! I use three peppers, usually green, but they were out so I used a variety of green, yellow and red!
I always give my veggies a head start on my cooking before adding the meat. Maybe I’m just weird because I usually don’t see this in recipes, but I don’t like our meats over done, and find that it takes a while to get the “crisp” out of veggies so doing this first helps!
If you read the recipe, this is what I meant by cutting into rings after! You don’t have to chop them after that, but I usually do for the kids!
I hope your crew enjoys this as much as mine!!!
- 1lb Ground Beef
- Large Spaghetti Squash (That Fits into Instant Pot)
- Whole 30 Compliant Spaghetti Sauce (Two 24oz Jars)
- Half Onion Diced
- 3 Green Peppers
- Organic Onion Powder
- Organic Italian Seasoning
- Organic Garlic Seasoning OR Fresh Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Pierce your spaghetti squash all over with a knife. Make deep cuts.
- Place squash into your Instant Pot (you should use the trivet in your instant pot if you can, if not I've never had a problem)
- Add 1 cup of water to Instant Pot.
- Close lid and seal valve.
- Using the manual setting on your instant pot turn to 25-30 minutes. I'm usually safe at 25, but if the squash is especially large (or thick) I would up it slightly!
- Once the squash is started, put some olive oil in your pot over medium heat.
- Add in your chopped vegetables.
- I usually add in extra seasoning while the veggies cook. I don't measure this, but as long as your aren't dumping this I don't think you can go wrong!
- Cook until veggies begin to soften.
- Add in ground beef at this point and brown it.
- Once beef is browned, add in your spaghetti sauce.
- Add 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 1½ teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon garlic seasoning. (And any other seasonings you'd like!)
- Bring to simmer and let cook until flavors have blended. (Between 10-30 minutes)
- Once time is up on the instant pot, release the pressure immediately.
- Use a kitchen towel to grab spaghetti squash and move to cutting board.
- Cut in half, and remove seeds from each half.
- Cut sections off each side to make rings (see photos)
- Remove skin easily from each section. (You can quickly "squeeze the end of each side to remove skin-- see video)
- Place a portion on each plate, and begin to "pull" noodles apart. You just need a little effort to turn the chunks into looking like noodles.
- Serve sauce over Spaghetti Squash Noodles!
Want to save this recipe? Pin it below!